As you may have already heard, Bandette has been nominated for four Eisners this year! The voting is now open to comics industry professionals. If you are eligible, your support would be appreciated. There is a deep pool of brilliant comics in the running this year, and people are gonna have to make some tough choices! If you haven’t read Bandette yet, the first issue is available for free from Comixology during the voting period, so if you want to make an informed decision before filling your ballot, go HERE and give it a read!
- Best New Series
- Best Digital Series
- Best Penciller/Inker
- Best Coloring
There are a lot of other great comics nominated, too! In particular, Cow Boy for Best Publication for kids and No Straight Lines: Four Decades of Queer Comics for Best Anthology. Both are worthy publications, deserving recognition. There are many, many others, but I just wanted to mention those two.
To be eligible to vote, you must be one of the following:
- Comic book/graphic novel/webcomic creator (writer, artist, cartoonist, penciller, inker, letterer, colorist)
- A nominee in any category
- Comic book/graphic novel publisher or editor
- Comics historian or educator
- Graphic novel librarian
- Owner or manager of comic book specialty retail store
The following are NOT eligible:
- Comics press or reviewers (unless they are nominees)
- Non-creative publisher staff members (PR, marketing, assistants, etc.)
- Readers and the general public
For more information go to the Eisner Awards FAQ page.
To vote, go HERE, get registered, and get voting! If you decide you want to change or add to your votes later, you can do so by logging in again. So don’t wait around trying to make the perfect choice until you forget all about it and end up waiting too long!
Just being given the nod in the Eisners is an honor and a thrill for both me and Paul. If we win one of the awards we’ve been nominated for, it would be great. But no matter what happens at the awards presentation in July, we couldn’t be more proud of Bandette, and we would like to thank everyone who loves her the way we do. Thank you.